Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Painting furniture

Today, I jumped into painting Saturday's sofa. I couldn't wait. I have been thinking about painting it since I discovered it. So, away I went.....
Here is on Saturday....

Here it is today, it is on its back right now for painting...and so you can see it better....



What do you think?? In person, it is even better...can't wait for it to get covered.
So, while I had the paint out, I decided to paint the chair I bought months ago....so I worked on that also, same method....



So, I have been busy...
While paint dried I washed and dried the fabric for the sofa....I am going with the dropcloth material that I mentioned before. It washes beautifully and gets soft with washing. In fact, I am so excited about that material, I am going to get more for other projects....
Not a bad bit of work.
Sofa's back feet need to be painted...and it will go to get recovered.
Both the sofa and the chair are for sale if anyone is interested.
And if someone wants different fabric, and wants to buy it before it gets recovered contact me....The chair will be getting a seat cut and covered also....
That's life here at Wild Oak Designs....
Thanks for stopping by....
Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks great!

Amber said...

Can't wait to see it complete! Looks great so far!