Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Friday!

Hello, what a wonderful day I have had. I hope yours was good also.
I didn't do much and yet I got a great deal done. Have you ever had that kind of day? One that wasn't busy, but lots got done?
I got the bed sheets changed and washed. I am loving my new detergent by the way! It is so fresh! Makes it pleasant to do laundry...(you can find my post on detergent making below in the list of posts.)
I did some grocery shopping...that and laundry never end! Yikes....
And then I checked on the garden. It is growing by leaps and bounds, and some major weeding needs to get done tomorrow I think....hummmm, maybe for Mother's Day I will get some help?? We will see.
Anyway, I thought I give you some updated pictures of the garden....
This is my pea "hedge"...as you can see the peas have grown over the trellis by about two feet in places, and I have had to tie extra string to hold it up in the spring wind...
These are two butternut squashes that I got and have tucked into the main veggie garden. I know, they will "run" all over...which is fine....I love butternut squash!
This is my bay laurel tree...love bay leaves in the spaghetti sauce and in stews....It is planted in a pot, like most of my trees to maintain their size, it will be trimmed as needed.....


This is a lily that peeks up through my hedge...I love that.....
Hope your day was great....
Nancy

No comments: