Thursday, May 3, 2012

Artful Thursday

A while ago I bought what I think was a wood cabinet door...perfect for a sign...but I wasn't sure just what....until today.
I first beat it up with a rasp I got years ago from a farrier. Then I painted it with French Linen (ASCP). Then when it was dry, I wiped it with a little Old White and wiped it off.
Ah, but what to do about letters?? I didn't want to free hand it, so I went off to Michaels and bought a set of 3" letters. Want to see???



I waxed with clear wax and then fairly heavily with the dark wax. I attached it to the wall with a "rusted" chain courtesy of paint....
Let me know what you think....
Nancy

2 comments:

trumatter said...

This is lovely nancy! I love what you have done to the door, although I love freehand. It somehow appeals to me.

Thanks for coming over and leaving such sweet notes :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice sign I like the aged touches.