Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Working on the backyard....

Today was one of those days.....
I started off with one set of plans...and they got changed...not bad, just changed.
We went off on an errand with our daughters and son-in-law...took them our old adirondack chairs and a few other things and then had lunch...
After, we went to a couple of nurseries to get some plants....
There is one delightful, rather different nursery in Orange/North Tustin (Tustin Meadows Nursery). There we got three 1 gal tall plants and three dragon leaf begonias and a wonderful blue iris.
Then we went to Armstrongs and bought four pots....perfect for around the base of the fountain....
The Hubby went off to his dentist appointment and I for more pots. I traveled to Ace, and Home Depot, but they had not pots that I wanted. Then I remembered. The size pot I wanted is at Ikea! Yup, a 13" pot for $5.99! So I bought three. Perfect. They are having a pretty good sale on umbrellas and other outdoor things....
After, I came home and planted the begonias....after which, we had a chicken dinner BBQ! Yummmm
Did you know that Stonewall Kitchens makes an awesome Bourbon Molasses Mustard? It makes a superb glaze on chicken!



So, that was my day....What do you think of the fountain?? Let me know...give me some comments...
Nancy

1 comment:

Claudine from CondensedLoveHome said...

Hi, Nancy!!
It sounds like a perfect day to me!!!
I want to eat that chicken... right now!!! LOL!
I just read this one post, I am going off to explore your blog!
Your newest follower,
Claudine