Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thrift store finds and garden redo

Sorry I missed posting yesterday...I was out "thrifting" and finding a few treasures...

This sweet little, well, it is a little bigger than 16 X 20, has a great print in it...makes me want to go for a walk through the trees...
Then I found this "hotpad" that is about 10" x 10" and padded and has cinnamon in it...I just thought it was sweet....

Now that isn't all I got...but it is a start...
Today, now that was a busy, busy day!
I needed to talk to the gardener about removing a ficus we had outside our dining room, in a pot...great privacy...but alas, it had grown and broken its pot and was falling over. No wonder, the thickest part of its trunk was almost 6"! Yup, time to go.....

So, we had the gardener remove that and some sword ferns that have been there since we moved in 23+ years ago....they are soooo dirty! They get into everything, in fact I am sure that some of them will return and we will be pulling them out for some time....

Boy, the area on this side of the house looks pretty awful right now without the plants...so I will show you the finished area later......
Then, after helping my wonderful hubby take his car into the shop to check its transmission...I loaded up my car and took my painted furniture pieces to Truly Tattered in Old Town Tustin to consign!
So, thank you Patti, and I hope the things sell this weekend. 
Remember everyone, if you are in the neighborhood this weekend, Old Town Tustin has its Flea Market on Sunday!! Awesome, you should go....Lots of vendors and stop into Truly Tattered to say Hi to Patti...tell her you read this blog!!



Well, after dropping off my goodies with Patti, I spent some time with my daughter and then I came home to help my hubby get his car, and then I mailed a package to a customer and then I went to Ikea...but that wasn't the end of the day...
When hubby came home we borrowed a ladder from a neighbor to take lights out of a tree we had put up for a party two years ago, and the tree was starting to grow over all the cords...not good. So, he held the ladder and I climbed up about 12 feet to get the lights and cord down...we fixed the bluebird house, and then we brought in a different ladder to rehang a chandy and dust a few corners in our tall family room.....then I had to vacuum the yucky stuff that fell of the ceiling fan....
Now my day is done...
Phew...I am tired...
Talk later.
Nancy

1 comment:

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Love your goodies from thrifting and I know it was great to get that tree moved out of there.