Sunday, April 22, 2012

Springing into spring gardening

So, today has been overcast all day.  Even so, it was time to change out my drapes. I have brown lined and insulated drapes for winter as our family room gets pretty cold in the winter (yes, even in Southern California)....
For summer a few years ago, I bought several yards of white linen and made summer drapes....so this morning I pulled them out and ironed each of them...all 8 of them....that took about two hours to redo all the drapes....since I am not quite done in the room, I will show you later.....
Then, I put on a load of laundry and headed out to the vegetable garden, the part behind the picket fence.
It needed a little trimming and fussing....so I redid my little paver "patio" and reseated the benches too....while I was at it, I trimmed all the bushes and hung the sweet windows that my daughter found for me. I think it looks pretty cozy....I have pillows for this area, but they can't stay out because of the sprinklers....I like the corner of "shabby chic"...a great spot for coffee or tea....

My fountain in the vegetable garden is about 12 years old. It had trouble starting up last week and I was excited that it got working....but it "died" this weekend....it just stopped. Very sad...need a new one...
The little tree in the corner, is a navel orange. It's name is Charlie (after Charlie Brown's Christmas tree). Charlie was in the big pot out by the raised beds and after three years looked more dead than alive, so I pulled it out and stuck it in the corner. It has been happy ever since! Now it is blooming! Go figure...
The other raised bed is planted with raspberries and a few veggies.... should be fun...
The goose decoy was a gift from my girls because I love geese....
I wanted to show you the lamp I bought yesterday at that garage sale...it works! And I put the "Easter" bunny in front...I thought that was cute.
 Well, I am off to change the laundry...I have lots of it to do....
Hope your Sunday is a good one.
Nancy

3 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

That is a lovely corner...perfect for lemonade!
Have a great week!
Rene'

Claudine from CondensedLoveHome said...

Hi, Nancy!!!
I loved your corner and the other spots in you backyard!
It reminded me that I have two iron benches I bought last year, I am also going to set them out, soon!
I don't leave them out all year because here in Vancouver rains A LOT.
I already imagined the space all pretty like yours!
Cheers,
Claudine

Claudine from CondensedLoveHome said...

Forgot to say I LOVE Geese, too!!!