Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Day

Today is Easter. Happy Easter to all my followers and members!
I planned creamed spinach for dinner today, and the spinach is all from the garden...
It took an hour to clean, wash, and chop the spinach and then get it steamed so I can cream it. It amazes me how fast so much spinach can cook down to nothing!
I learned from a dear friend that if you add a little splash of white vinegar to the water that you soak it in, it cleans better...and in the case of organic spinach, kills off whatever was living in it....
After I got the spinach done, I went out and harvested the beets that remained, also for dinner.....(sorry no pix here)....
When that was done, I set the table for dinner. Remember I wasn't sure what I was going to do? Well, here it is....
I layered the tablecloth, a white one under and this colorful one on top. The Blue Willow was my mother's and just seemed right for the day.
I added some succulents to the centerpiece and wrapped some burlap ribbon around with candies...It makes it festive, don't you think??
Anyway, I am off to do some more cooking....
Have a great Easter!
Nancy

2 comments:

Teresa@Magazine Your Home said...

Your table looks beautiful and the spinach looks wonderful as well. Happy Easter to you and thank you for visiting my blog.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice tablescape. Happy Easter.