Monday, April 9, 2012

Back to work

Well, today I started work on the side tables that I picked up about 2 months or so ago. Finally.
What an adventure they are turning out to be!
Here is what they looked like when we got them....
So, I started with the one on the right, the very "chippy" one. The paint was flaking all over the place. I sanded and sanded. Quite a mess, let me tell you. Apparently, once these babies were Chippendale style copies. Then they were painted white. Then, they were separated and the "chippy" one had a coat of reddish paint over it. Sad. So, after sanding I painted a coat of ASCP "Old Ochre" on and discovered that there was enough red to bleed through....uh oh.
Hummm. Well, my primer was gone, used in the bathroom by the painter.
I tried a "clear coat" spray paint on, and that sort of helped, but not enough. Uh oh. So, off to the hardware store to get proper primer....
I primed the areas that needed it after a quick re-sanding....and lots of dusting. Don't you hate the dust???
Anyway, that was what they needed. So, much better!
Here is where they are now....

Tomorrow, I will finish them up...so I will show you those when done....
I also started a project, well two...while waiting for primer to dry...
I had saved the drawers from the old bathroom and have hatched a plan for them, so the are getting painted too...
Here they are at the moment....

This will be a surprise too...Hopefully they get finished tomorrow...Something kind of fun and "out of the box" for them.....
So, stay tuned...see you tomorrow...
Nancy

2 comments:

Simple Daisy said...

What fabulous finds!! I think they will look great when you're finished!

Tricia said...

I bet they'll be beautiful :)