Well, yesterday, I started painting the vanity.
I was hesitant.
Afterall, this was not a garage sale find, that if I screwed it up was not a big deal. No, this was an expensive (though reasonable) custom piece. No siree. No turning back. It had to come close to the mirrors in color...hummm. So, I just "bit the bullet" so to speak.
I mixed the colors to make brown Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. That is what I used for the base coat on the mirrors. Of course, the mirrors had brass paint or other finish, and the new vanity is a lovely paint grade poplar. No finish on it.
So, paint mixed I painted. At very first, it looked awful. I thought it might, I was prepared. But, it had to have a base coat otherwise the color changes completely from the mirrors.
It took two coats of the brown, thirsty wood.
Then, I layered the Coco color on. That was difficult. I wanted a touch of the brown to show through, but not too much. It was harder than I remembered actually. Nice to know that this paint allows you to "scrub" and when it dries brush strokes don't show. Phew!
So, 24 hours later with wax and a trip to the hardware store for longer screws for the handles...
It is all done! Tout Finis!
Enjoy the rest your Sunday! As for me, now that rain is falling, I am sitting by the fire....wondering what the next project will be....