Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tiling Thursday

Today, lots got done....the niche got its mosaic tile so  I got to see how it looks as it is going to be the bottom of the shower....
The main thrust of the day was the layout and placement of the floor tile and the final build-up of the base for the shower pan tile (the mosaic).
Here is the niche with the mosaic...
At this point the grout has not been done, that gets started tomorrow...
I think it looks pretty good, don't you??
Then there was a good deal of discussion about the beadboard and its placement. We decided that the cap of the beadboard will be the same level as the backsplash. I bought the beadboard at Home Depot, the precut stuff, so Kobi is going to get the base board and create the cap....
The beadboard, being raw wood needed at least one coat of primer, front and back before being applied...so I volunteered to prime it. One coat should be ok. I started with a brush I had, but got frustrated with that brush and switched to a smaller angled brush...much better.

By the end of the day, we have a floor! Minus one square that was used to lay the floor...that will all get grouted starting tomorrow. LOts of tile, lots of grout...
I do love this tile. I think that is important. Love your tile. I didn't want a white tile, we had had that. I wanted what felt soothing, at least to us. It may not be everyone's taste, but it suits us.
Tomorrow, Friday, they will arrive early to start work on grout....
Saturday, the fabricator will come to draw up the template for the piece of French limestone that we will be putting on top of Kobi's awesome vanity. We opted for a "slab" of stone instead of tile as I felt there was enough tile to keep clean and enough lines in the room. We chose a remnant so the piece itself was cheaper that way as it is not a huge vanity. I have always wanted stone of some sort. Yes, I know, limestone is more porous and we will have to be vigilant cleaning up after ourselves, but it looked wonderful...
It is beginning to come back together. How exciting!
Thanks for checking in...keep watching.
Nancy

No comments: