Monday, March 26, 2012

It's what's for dinner

Ahhhh, the sun came out! Very nice...time for quick check on the garden. Hummm, what do we want to eat tonight?
Well, I think a few fresh beets, roasted of course. Yes, that would be good. What else? Hummm, well I want to clear out the fennel and green onions so that we can plant those tomatoes...so we should have some sauteed...Yes, that sounds good...
So, here is the harvest for today...


Not bad for a little suburban backyard....cannot get any fresher. Of course, we don't have the steelhead trout in the backyard, nor the mushrooms that I threw in with the veggies....had to buy that...
What are you growing??
Nancy

2 comments:

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

I am sorry - I have been waiting - but did I get an address for your giveaway win? Can you shoot it over asap? Thanks!
parisiennefarmgirlmagazine@gmail.com

June said...

Hi Nancy...it is so hard for me imagine there are places in the US this far ahead of me as far as the weather goes. We will be a month before we even have leaves on our trees : ) I love the photo of your sweet pups!
Thank you so much for your sweet note.