Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bonjour Limestone!

Today's main task was to figure out what part of our "slab" was going to be used for the vanity.
The fabricator arrived with what looked like a much bigger piece than we remembered, afterall our counter is small.
Beforehand, we discussed the placement of the sinks we had ordered. Our sinks, a common size on the market, are bigger than we thought too. They are under mount sinks, so part of the size is what we do not see....however, though they will fit, it requires a tad a "tweaking" for the comfort of the user. We are slightly off setting the sinks so there is indeed elbow room. Who would have guessed that there were so many decisions!
It was weeks and weeks ago that we picked the limestone so it was nice to see it again.  Being that it is stone, I pray it doesn't break in the cutting...there are lots of "fracture " points that were visible, a bit unnerving!
 We had swallowed and made our final decision, off went the slab which will appear hopefully sometime next week as the final top! Afterwards, Kobi finished off the shower pad with the mosaic....which will get grouted on Monday. It looks lovely. Phew!
I don't know about any of you...there always seems to be a concern over whether the right thing has been picked or how it's placed. I personally always wonder if I did it right....what others will think and so on. Anyone else feel that way??
Well, I am off to feed the dogs who have been very patient....
Best of the weekend to you!
Nancy

7 comments:

Boho Farm and Home said...

Oh Nancy! I feel like that all the time with my house and I do this for a living. I can make other people's decisions for them but not my own.lol...So you are in good company! xo

Tiff said...

It looks like it will be fantastic! It is only natural to question yourself though, I will look forward to seeing it finished!
(Nice to meet you, I popped in so I started following! Happy weekend!) x

Laura said...

Hi Nancy-
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
Picking out things- especially big things- is so hard.

You made wonderful choices.

I am a new follower.

Laura
White Spray Paint

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you Nancy for your beautiful visit, I am going to enjoy getting to know my new neighbor (You!) and all you inspire.
I am going to check out your shop :)

Visit often as I will return as well.
xx
Dore

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Yes, I know how you feel. I always think of the expense and know that if I didn't get it right I have to live with it for a long while. The mosaic looks lovely.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Hello and so nice to meet you! Thanks for your visit.I love your bathroom looks fabulous already.I will have to check back to see your finished product.
I see my sweet friend Dore has stopped for a visit as well.She has an amazing blog and is so sweet.~Cheers Kim

Sharon said...

I know you are excited ! It's going to look great !