Friday, March 30, 2012

Around the garden

It was a lovely day!
When I got home from running errands, the dogs looked at me from their perch on the bed...and asked if we could go outside....
So, we did....
we harvested  a large handful of carrots (roughly 1/3 of the patch) to be roasted with onions and fennel...
After cleaning these babies (some were 6") we went out and checked the fruit trees...
The little pear right outside the back door has set some pears!
This is an Ultra Dwarf Kieffer pear and into its fourth year, so I may actually work this year. Though in years past I get excited and they drop off....so I will see.
The Ultra dwarf peach is loaded and looking very promising....

This little peach was a score a year ago at Home Depot for $9. Last year it gave us three peaches! It is quite content in its pot and is only 3' high! 
Who says you can't grow fruit in a small yard?

Hope you have a great weekend. Let me know what you are planning....
Nancy

5 comments:

outjunking said...

This must be the perks of living in California. We have sunny days here in Tn. but it will be a couple of months before there is fresh anything.

designchic said...

What a lovely garden and so wonderful to bring in your own carrots and peaches!!

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi friend your garden of freshness is wonderful and those carrots must taste wonderful, and those peaches I am sure make the best peach cobblers yummy!!!

Thank you for your beauty gracing my place and taking the time to encourage my art in giving each piece a voice again.

see you soon, have a beautiful week.
xx
Dore

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I love your doggies! Those are some great looking carrots.

Calypso In The Country said...

Your dogs are darling! Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
-Shelley