Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Still working...

Our contractor Kobi Pulaski and his son, Spencer, have been working hard. Today there was more taping and another coat of the "red" sealant on the floor.
See the doorway? It is now the same size as the bedroom door, no more 23 1/2"!
The "mudding" is on the master bedroom side and not just the bathroom. So, to let you know, in the 50's they started developing "drywall" instead of lathe and plaster. It was called "plaster board".  It cracks VERY easily, and with the demo of the bathroom, cracks appeared...so now our master bedroom gets mudded too. Hummm. New coat of paint?? Yup, gonna change the color of the bedroom to "bamboo beach". It is a soothing color and hubby is excited to change the color too....I guess yellow wasn't a fav...
Anyway, you can see the taping.


Tomorrow, they will do all the mudding and cover the walls and finish the shower stall to be ready for tile. It means it needs to dry...and will all weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Oh well, perfection takes time and patience. Monday, Kobi says we will start tiling! Yippee! Meanwhile, Kobi, is building the vanity...from scratch! I am so excited to see it...
They coated the floor with another coat of sealant. That is a good touch for slabs.
So, it is happening, slowly but steadily. I am excited and little nervous...to see it all pull together. So far I am very happy. I really like the personal touch. And, everyday when they leave, you could eat off that bathroom floor. Really. Never had a contractor or any other "worker" leave the work area spotless as if they were never there.
Oh, and Spencer helped me hang that darling little rusty chandy that we picked up a couple of weeks ago. Wanna see?? Ok, here it is!

Isn't it cute?? That was from the Antique Fair in Irvine and the butcher block table from an estate sale....
C'est tres bien, oui??
Au revoir mes amies....
Nancy

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Nancy! I can tell already that I love your taste!!! The chandelier is gorgeous to me...and the stone in your new bath is just what I would have picked! Thanks so much for visiting me ~ hugs and love, Dawn