Sunday, February 12, 2012

Estate sale finds

Sometimes when garage-saleing...I find nothing. This week when I went to thrift store....nada...
Feeling that nothing was out there, Hubby and I went to an estate sale run by a guy we know from other estate sales. He runs them quite well, prices are fair and he is a nice guy on top of it. Apparently, we are now on his "I know you " lists and can actually write checks with him....
Anyway, we hit the "mother-lode" of goodies. We bought two chairs, a little table, two little side tables, a quilt, a quilt top and fabric! Could easily have spent more on tools, china, and other goodies....it was truly loaded. And on top of that, it was PACKED with people because it was all in a two car garage, with barely any room to turn around.
So, you ask show you what I found. Well, first I will show you the one hanging shelf that I found at a thrift store....pretty cute now, but has lots of abuse showing, so it is destined for paint (of course)!
What color shall I paint it?? Give me some direction!
Then, one of the chairs I bought at that estate sale....
Oh yes. Very sweet indeed. Needed a little minor surgery last night, otherwise it would be painted already!
I have recovered the chair in a little remnant of fabric from that garage sale...and it will get painted later today or tomorrow...That I know what I am going to paint. It was just obvious for this piece....it will be very sweet ...
So, that is what I am showing you for now.....
What do you think??
Nancy

No comments: