Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bathroom is getting finished....

What is behind door number 1??
A bathroom!! Well, almost....the shower tile is almost done...It is a hard tile to cut around pipes etc and they are very good at being precise. Afterall, we don't want it slapped up there, we want it to last!
So when that is done, I will show you....
However, today besides the door getting hung...
we got the main box of the vanity!! Now, I have to let you know, this box was built on site...made of poplar trees grown in the US in managed farms, it is beautiful and obviously this vanity is made here in Costa Mesa, CA, USA! That's cool. Now, this is just the box, there will be four drawers in the middle, and two doors on either side under the two sinks! It will be very awesome. I got drawer pulls from a vendor on Etsy and sprayed those with Rust-o-leum's Oil Rubbed Bronze and the two cabinet door pulls are old pulls (I am not spraying them at this point) that I purchased on Etsy as well, from France! So, keep an eye out as it gets done....
Our previous vanity was 65 long x 17" deep and 32" high...pretty hard for "modern" people to work with. So, our new vanity, taking into account that I am a 5'4" shrinking lady, will be 22" deep, 35" high and 65"wide....with two sinks!! did I remember to tell you it has two sinks, versus one?? Can I get anymore excited?
So, Kobi thinks that he might get the fabricator for the French Limestone to come out and do his measuring and see the layout on Thursday....wow. That doesn't mean the top will be in, but we are getting close.....
Flooring will most likely get put in tomorrow, or at least started....
These guys are thorough...detailed and plain nice to have around. See the vacuum?? They vacuum and sweep everyday before they leave. Now I need to vacuum the rest of the house.....yikes.....
Even though I was under the weather, and flaked out on the couch (caught Hubby's cold), they just kept working away....If you live in So. Cal....I cannot recommend them more....
So, that is what is behind door number 1...
Adieu!
Nancy

No comments: