Tuesday, January 24, 2012

While we were waiting...

So, the contractor for the bathroom informed us that the bathroom most likely will start on the 6th of Feb. Not a surprise really, disappointing by my calendar, but not a surprise.
So, while we have been waiting we have been proactive. We have cleaned out most of the old vanity and prepared to "move out" of that bathroom to share the guest bathroom. It looks like most of February and really we plan to be there into March, because when a contractor says three weeks, we know it may well be more....
So, idle hands and all that stuff...I can't sit still. Anyone else like that??
So, sitting in the livingroom the other night I noticed the old rack we have in the front hall. It was from L.L. Bean many, many years ago. It was for coats etc. Today, it holds the dog leashes to grab as we go out the front door.
It was a blue with white board, to which we added two more hooks. It just didn't go with our French country look or the Bamboo Beach color we have in the hall....

Sooooo, I painted it. No surprise there. I took out the pictures and cut some great fabric and voila! It works! It feels better. Isn't it wonderful what a touch of paint can do?? In the picture you can see just a hint of the blue that is underneath. I did that on purpose. I like to see where a piece has been, it's history so to speak, and I am just not that into sanding some pieces, especially if they are melamine types such as this. It looks even better in person.
Here is a close-up of the piece....
What do you think??
Let me know what you think...
Nancy

No comments: