Friday, January 6, 2012

Paint, paint and more paint

I don't know about you, but this time of year I get to painting...touchup or complete projects....
Yesterday, a friend I go shopping with wanted to see the headboard. She loved it, but not so much the white chair rail molding just above it....and suggested that I paint it either the "bamboo beach" color from Vista that is on the walls or she suggested with glee, that I paint it "antique leather" from Behr paints. It looks like a yummy darker color from the bamboo beach...hummmm, intriguing....
So, with that "bee in my bonnet" off I went to get a sample from Home Depot of antique leather. I started with a little 4 " strip of the chair rail, behind the door and extended it. I rather like it...but Hubby isn't so sure...
What do you think?? I like color on the wall, esp the bamboo beach color, but the white line around the room not so much...
The other option is to paint the chair rail the same as the walls...
I would love input!
Here is the chair rail just above the headboard....
Here is the painted chair rail behind the door....
Hummmm....I will let you know...
Talk soon,
Nancy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering
which blog platform are you using for this website? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

My blog post ... job search
Also see my web page - careers