Wednesday, January 4, 2012

More garden planning

I am planning the garden. It is 90 degrees out today, not at all typical for January.
It will trick the fruit trees I am sure. We will get a super wet day that will knock off flowers and or buds or little fruits...Even the birds are not sure what to make of it. But I do. It is a time to enjoy the little harvest that we have and plan out what we are going to do for this year.
We need to plan rotation of the four boxes in the main yard....
The boxes in the picket fence area used to be the veggie garden, but as the neighbor's trees have grown taller, that veggie garden is less able to grow veggies...One of the boxes is going over to raspberries the other is in transition....
So, debate still rages as to what goes where. My hubby even wants to grow pumpkins in the front yard, though I am not at all sure what the neighbors would think of that...It is indeed tempting!
I would love to know what others think....
It is always a goal to provide at least the Thanksgiving veggies and fruits....but we will see....
Let me know what you do....I'd love to hear!
Nancy

1 comment:

Boho Farm and Home said...

Pumpkins in the front yard sounds wonderful! I have been gardening too, only 80 degrees and am too worry about the fruit trees. So I started pruning a little early so they won't bud yet. I am also hoping with the 'heat wave' they'll get enough chill time too.

xo
Caroline