Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A linen throw....

Anyone who knows me, is well aware that I LOVE linen. Majorly love linen.
Here in Southern California, one can really wear linen year round! Oh, I know about the after Labor Day rules that one shouldn't wear linen or white for that matter....but I think those rules are kinda silly!
Linen is actually warm too...I have some pants that I just love...they are cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Ok, so granted we do not go below 34 much if ever....but we do indeed go well into the 100s...so linen is a God sent gift.
But, linen is hypoallergenic, dries very quickly and bacteria and mold and mildew don't seem to be able to live on it. It is the best for sleeping on and in. I could never go back to cotton sheets! It is soft and gets softer each time it is washed.
Yeah, it wrinkles, but really those wrinkles are sublime! They are actually trendy. Really though, who cares about wrinkles in a bed?? You make the bed in the morning and sleep in it at night.
However, the best part of linen sheets....you sleep really, really well! I read a bunch of studies that said regardless of the type of bed, people who sleep on linen, sleep better and more deeply. Well I believe we do and my hubby snores less!
Anyway, I found some wonderful linen at a thrift store and I am crafting a rustic edge linen throw...here are some pix of it coming together....

It is pretty yummy...and for the back I have a linen fabric with stripes that is made of much of the same colors...of white and rosy peach...
Well, off to make dinner now...have a great evening!! Happy crafting....
Nancy

1 comment:

Claudine from CondensedLoveHome said...

How did this throw turn out??
Cheers,
Claudine