Friday, January 20, 2012

January is for organizing...

Many people (me included) make New Year's resolutions to get organized.....
With a bathroom that will be under construction soon, that has been a goal...almost there...just waiting for the phone call that says that the contractor will coming...
Part of the process has been to figure out where everything that lives in the present vanity will go while the bathroom is being done.
So, I went to Ikea to buy some baskets that will tuck neatly under the guest bathroom vanity....
These are the baskets that I got...Nice little baskets, that should fit nicely in the new cabinets when all is said and done. For now, they fit nicely under the existing vanity in the guest bath....

So, here they are, empty at the moment...but for temporary storage great willow baskets for $6 ea....
I found in the craft room another larger willow basket that will be for other items....
Then, I had to paint....I had found many shopping trips earlier,  a really sweet bulletin board that needed a little love...so I painted that...it's primer red. The hooks were ugly brass, so I took them outside to spray paint with "oil rubbed bronze" by Rustoleum... Now it looks ready for organizing!

So, I am trying, little by little to get organized....occasionally I get tripped up. We all do. Today is one of the days. When days like that happen, I just sit tight and get through the day. Organizing is something that evolves, like life things change and we have to flex with it. Oh well, on to laundry!! Have a great day!
Nancy

No comments: