Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Things to do...

Our bathroom is going to be redone...it has been needing work for ages and it just became time. So, with a French Country theme as a guide, we went about picking tiles, and faucets and shower parts...
One of the things that we decided was that instead of the big full mirror we have had, actually that the house has had, we wanted a different look. I found at a thrift store two matching frames. They were perfect, except for being brassy... The soon to be mirrors are now painted in chalk paint. Chalk paint can do wonders for anything and the mirrors are no exception. After painting them, I found a glass and mirror man who charges a reasonable price for installing and treating them for bathrooms. Check it out! Though my pictures really do not do them justice. I will show you in their proper place when the bathroom is done.
The mirrors are 23" x 27" roughly. You can see the full big mirror that will go away. We think the tall mirror will actually make the room feel taller and visually bigger in a different way...we shall see. It is very exciting. Work will be underway a little later this month.
The painting was done with Round the Coop.com formula for dark brown chalk paint which I used over the brass. Two to three coats were required. When that was dry, I dry brushed coco over that. Then I used the clear wax over that. I didn't use the dark wax like I thought, this just looked better. Here is a picture of the frame up close....
Isn't it wonderful?? In person, it is even better. Is it bad to love a mirror? The glass man did...but these aren't for sale....
Well, keep painting! For more wonderful ideas check out other inspirational blogs.....Miss Mustard Seed,  round the Coop and others.....
Nancy

No comments: