Monday, December 26, 2011

Beginning a New Year

For us beginning a New Year starts the day after Christmas. It is a day of putting boxes, dishes, pots, pans and more away in their rightful spot and trying to find homes for new things that we have been given.
Besides diets, the biggest New Year's resolution people have is getting organized....And I would be no exception. As a year goes by, things change and so do needs, so getting organized is always a challenge...at least in our home.
This year our tree will be going out to the trash early...it is very dry. Before you say something about a tree going to the trash, let me say, that our city collects the trees that are put out and chips them into mulch that use in all the parks, so don't despair, they are being recycled!
However, I have for years tried to get my husband  to let me have a "fake" tree, for simplicity. That way I wouldn't have to vacuum up needles and the mess! As the years have gone by I try to vote for a fake tree, someday, I will be able to have a tree you just pull from a box, straighten up the branches and plug it in....how nice that would be!
In the New Year, WildOakDesigns will be creating more goodies for the shop and finding other goodies to recycle, remake or vintage items so keep an eye out.

No comments: